View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 03:12 PM
Guest 928

Mountainmaster;

It is my understanding that Emerald has a modified top for nylon string guitars. And I presume that Emerald has taken it to its best possible level.

I've tried nylon strings on a number of steel string CF guitars and that really doesn't work. The Emerald nylons are far superior, but not, as my rant goes, to the level of a good classical guitar.

The Manzer Wedge presents a possibility that is new to me. I am not willing to spend the money on a custom Manzered Emerald, but I am tempted by the new Journey CF nylon string guitar.

My Journey temptation is tempered by several reservations. The one review I've heard seemed to have a great base presence, but the treble sounds tinny--that could be a matter of strings or recorder, but I'm unsure. I am also not needing or wanting a guitar that folds up--I suspect that a fixed neck will be in the future and that would be more my preference.

I'm still temped, if nothing else to just try a Journey to see if the projection goes beyond its size. Maybe I'll inquire into a B model, or maybe I'll just stew on the matter.