View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Once I got out of the Navy, I grew my beard back. Mostly because I hate shaving. I keep it short, which I like. Like fingernails, once it gets to a certain length the feeling (and look) of it drive me crazy until I trim it up. My kids only know me as having a beard. They have never seen me clean shaven. I should shave it off someday to just horrify them.

There's a trend these days for young guys, mostly blue collar maintenance worker types, to grow these big, bushy, full, unkempt beards. They look stupid to me. The factory I worked at up until recently was suddenly inundated with young, flannel shirt wearing, baseball cap covered men - all of them with big bushy full beards. Looked like a lumberjack festival.

My wife much prefers the beard. My son sports a short beard, like mine. My son-in-law sports a beard that he usually keeps fairly short although he's one of those guys who's hair is thick and grows fast so it gets much longer than mine before he beats it back into submission. He shaved it off completely once and was ordered to grow it back immediately by his wife/my daughter.