Thread: new X20 review
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 11:36 AM

My first short scale guitar was a RainSong Shorty. While I no longer have it, that guitar taught me what I previously did not know; I have a preference for shorter and/or 12 fret guitars and my last to purchases stay true to that preference.

I've mentioned on this forum multiple times that I've been dreaming of a short-scale X20. Not only this, I think that Emerald would actually even benefit from having a stock option for both of their largest guitars that are short scale. I also read on here all the time how much AGF'ers love short scale guitars, wood or CF so I don't believe my preferences are necessarily in the minority.

I would be curious the tonal qualities of a short scale X20, where the bridge was also relocated to the center of the lower bout much like the X7 or any of the 12 fret RainSongs. If such a guitar was A/B'd with an X20 where only the neck was shortened (like in the case of Earl's X20 in this review) would we hear a clear tonal difference?

I suspect the answer would be yes but I don't want to fund the research and development. I just think Emerald should "build it and they will come".