View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 06:18 AM

I didn't really change to the CT-4BII out of choice as I said it was more just because the CTP2 failed, another common thing which seems to happen quite a bit it seems with the cooltube. I weighed up a few things and thought well I'll try the 4. The CTP2 though sounded great in all fairness and I really liked the tube thing, I am a fan of tubes in general anyway, however they are used. I will say though the CT4B is perhaps more of a practical working musicians alternative though (which I am not by the way) but I still appreciate practicality. The CT3 seems to be a bit of a mix between the CT2 and the DX it seems perhaps the best of both worlds, yet some still prefer the CT2 overall sound and function. Its all just preference at the end of the day. But for the money, lightness, easy of use great battery life the CT4 is a great amp in its own right and sounds great, although you can't use an aux pick up with it that plugs in easily, although there are ways around that if you really wanted an additional pick-up, but it would take a bit of tinkering and perhaps use of a soldering iron. In all fairness Im sure they are all great amps in their own right. For simple, good and no frills and good value for money option though the CT4BII is really a great option. I'm sorry my CT2 failed I loved it but already I like the CT4B for its benefits as well.