View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 07:37 AM
Charter Member

I play my open A chord with only two fingers. Using my #2 finger to press the D and G by pressing between the two. I don't have big fingers. Both 2 and 3 are side by side.
I also play an open E with only finger 1 and 3. Placing my #2 finger between the A and D.
And a D chord. Not always but depending on the chords before and after. I'll bar with 1st finger across the G, B, and E with 1st and press the B on fret 3 with either finger 2, or 3.
When I first started playing. I heard Chuck Berry talk about how he uses one finger to press two strings. So I started fooling with it. Seeing how I could adapt it to my playing. Now 50 years later. It is natural. When I look at chord charts. I look at which strings need to be pressed where. It doesn't matter which finger presses them. As long as they're down. Whatever is comfortable to you. What is comfortable for James seems upside down to most people. But to him it's natural.
What I am curious about is, The setup on his guitar. I'd be willing to bet his setup is extremely low. More like the way I set my guitars up. If I set my guitars
action like most people do. I wouldn't be able to play half the stuff I do.

Last edited by EZYPIKINS; 03-02-2021 at 07:47 AM.