View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 08:05 AM
AGF Sponsor

Here are some that are not jigs or fixtures, but tools that make things nicer.

I make this rosette cutter quite a few years ago and really works well. It will cut the rosette and sound hole all at the same time. The sound hole is not cut all the way through in this proses. Each tool bit/cutter is adjustable and the tool bits are actually the square heads of taps that have been broken. Why throw out good tool steel!

For cutting out the sound port.

An nice tool for drilling out holes without the "Larger drill bits" wondering. Each of the drill guides can be unscrewed and replaced with another guide of a different size without taking the part out of the jig.

This is a cool little saw that I made some time ago for when making kerfing. The blades are slitting blades for a milling machine.
I mount this to the top of my work bench with 4 dowels. There is a slot in the work bench for the belt to drop down through the bench and the motor is hung by a door hinge. The motor will swivel enough for me to put the belt on and I can control the amount of tension on the belt with my knee up against it. All dust is contained under the saw and with an opening for the vacuum hose from under the table, leaves no mess.

I use this shooting board/tool to prep the top and back plate before joining them. The two halves of the boards are clamped between the rails and the blade of the plain is cut to clear the rails.

This is just a simple buck to hold the neck when shaping.

There are many other tools but I can't show them because they are top secret!