View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 01:38 PM

Default HK entering the battery powered market with hot-swappable batteries!

Have it @ home now. First impression is promissing, the box sounds like a true PA. Good linear response with a nice low end. I have a Taylor 814ce where I even have to reduce the bass response in order to not sound boomy.

I really like the knobs and general user interface since I dont like to use a phone during a gig. An amp has to be manually adjustable for me, this is a lot better solved than on my old amp...

Before, I had a JBL EON ONE Compact which has a lot more mids than the HK. Wheather that is an advantage or a disadvantage playing in a mixed situation I still have to find out (after Corona)...

There is one killer though. When I attach the power cord and an instrument cable at the same time, there is a loud 50 Hz Hum. Workin on battery alone there is no problem. The guitarworks fine on my other amp, the problem exists only with the HK. The power unit has no grounding, maybe I have a „humming loop“ or so...

Since the amp should be future proof working without batteries there is no way I will keep it without a solution. Any ideas what could be the problem?? The unit seems to be working just fine otherwise....