View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 09:02 PM
Charter Member

Boxing Day, 2020 - I am too used to dropping by Bruce’s shop and seeing what he’s been up to, and giving his wonderful dog Koal a good rub -

But that hasn’t been possible most of this year, and between my wife and his wife, we’ve had only the briefest of in person encounters - but I had to drop by and check out his latest “Couch Noodler” - and actually, I had a few minutes to try both the braz rw noodler, as well as the myrtle -

First, I was completely unprepared for what I was playing - I guess I assumed these were a small body and short scale, but while they are a slightly smaller body, these are full scale, and the tone and volume from both were outstanding - as good, possibly better, than the best OM’s I’ve played. And as good as the braz rw was, the myrtle had a quality that made choosing a better very, very hard.

I have known Bruce’s small bodied guitars were exceptional - I have a braz rw 0 of his that is unbelievably good - but these “couch noodlers” are poorly named - there is nothing noodly about them - they are clearly exceptional instruments, and I would love to be able to take either one home and play it on my couch for quite some time - although, with 2 of Bruces braz rw guitars on hand, and 0 myrtle, I might be inclined to lean towards myrtle - ;-)