View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 02:53 PM

I preferred the non-VTS model.

For me...rounder, fuller, warmer, more earthy/organic sounding all strings, and all playing positions.

The VTS is a tad brighter, dryer, cleaner sounding...but for me...a bit more sterile sounding because of that...but it might also have a bit more "cut" in a group because of all of that.

The low E bass response in the all important first and second positions was better, to me, on the non-VTS...better...looser, rounder, fuller...like the Six Million Dollar Man...better, stronger, faster...

On the whole...I think the VTS topped guitars might be a better way to go for the Bluegrass band players, with that brighter, dryer, cleaner sound. In person, I do think the VTS does make the guitar sound more vintage to some degrees...but not in others...but again...in a band, or group setting, I think it really would be the way to go.

I think solo singer-songwriter style...the non VTS is the way to go for sure, and it could still work well in a band setting, depending on the particular guitar, and the surrounding overall tonal umbrella of the group en masse'

Best Regards
duff