View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
Thanks for walking us through those 2 guitars. Inspiration meets aspiration in those beauties.

As a newb, I am drawn to the same combination (semi and fully), but in smaller-than-normal-Gibson sizes. I have a Gibson ES 390 (mini HB, not P90) for the fully and an Epi Es 339 for the semi. Both of those have lower bouts just a smidge wider than an LP, so they feel less intrusive to me, and I don't notice a sound deficit. I especially enjoy the 390 acoustically. Excellent combination for me. I'll work on being worthy of Collings!

NB - watching that vid I noticed/watched your Dust in the Wind with that Taylor parlor - that was a nice catch of a very rare bird. It's more cost efficient if I just live vicariously through you.
haha...thanks for the post and the kind feedback and checking out the DITW video.

Your guitars sound awesome - nice pair that cover a lot of ground i'm sure! I'm totally with you - love Gibson HBs but just prefer the smaller body size of what you and i have. I'd LOVE see pics of your guitars if you wouldn't mind posting.