View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 04:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjroberts View Post
Wild Horses is actually how I nailed my Bm. Since it was fairly easy to sing and play otherwise, i forced it. And I did try the 7th fret for awhile. Which has now been awhile. I think that didn’t work back then. I play it now, and the two Bm positions sound very similar, but I can’t get that song rhythm to sound suitable going from an open G or a bar G to the 7th. It’s obviously some sonic psychological disorder I’ve got going on.
I’ve got a little group of songs that feature the Bm that I play nearly every time I pick up the guitar. Wild Horses may be my favorite of them, but the Bm comes around more often in Powderfinger (Neil Young), Crazy Love (Van Morrison), Time To Get Going (Petty), and Oh Sister (Dylan). The Bm comes up in almost every line in those. Others on that list are If You See Her, Say Hello and Sara (Dylan), Peggy-O (Dead version), and Althea (Dead). Sara uses the Bm in a really quick transition that I used to not be able to handle at all and now I’m getting surprisingly decent at - maybe not having time to think about it helps.... Peggy O only has one Bm per verse but comes at it from an Em - it usually seems to come from a G, C, or D. The other two are just songs I like where it comes up a couple times per verse.

I like all of these songs so it’s no bother to be playing them a LOT these days - they’re really good practice...