View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 04:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParrilla View Post
…I dont want to spend too much because I want to spend the real money on my actual recording setup for my PC. This is really just a practice tool.

Any advice?
Hi JP
I use a Zoom H1n. It boots in under 10 seconds (from off to recording), and fits in my shirt pocket. I'm not going to carry my computer in the front seat of a car and keep it ready for when ideas strike.

And my H1n is never far from my guitar practice area (about 3 feet away actually).

I use it for musical 'note taking', remembering ideas that pop into my head when I'm doing other things I should be focusing on, but don't want to lose the idea.

I can either plug in earbuds to listen back instantly, or pop the mini-SD card and plug it into the computer to listen (don't even have to upload since computers can play stuff directly from the card).

Mics are decent, and it has a tripod socket on it for more serious use. Well thought out, and a company with a history of standing by their products, and updating them during their life (yes it can be updated via USB).

I own far more serious gear…which gets used far less unless I'm on a recording project.

Have fun picking out something and using it.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…