View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phcorrigan View Post
Some digital mixers will do most of what you want. The Behringer XR18 has sixteen Midas preamps and will output all channels separately, pre or post effects and faders, via USB, although not USB-C. There is a bit of a learning curve, however.
Hi Patrick
Thanks for the refresh of the XR-18 series (midas preamps, 18 channels in/out)

If I were younger (I'm 72 yrs old at the time this thread is active), and building a small studio, a unit like this would probably be the mixer aspect for a studio. I'm pretty online literate, but most musicians are not.

It misses the mark for my Holdout List on several important counts…
  • No software/WiFi/iPad-smartphone interfaces
  • Hard adjustment controls
  • Battery powered/operated
  • Built in monitor
  • Under 3 pounds
  • Intuitive for live work
  • Quick setup/teardown

I started this holdout because I'm planning to do some decent quality musical streaming online, and some personal video/music recording and family-history-story telling (for family at their request), and am currently limited to 2 XLR/line level channels.

Rather than just replacing my 2 channel interface, I'd prefer to incorporate functions, increase capacity, and consolidate the mixing/recording part of the rig and then make it easily portable.

All I want is a laptop, the Logitech Brio camera, the mixer/sound-interface/mic rig. And I want to be able to invite a friend who is familiar with mixers run the sound while I play/sing (so all I have to do is play/sing).

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…