View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 09:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent in WA View Post
KevWind, sorry if that was unclear (and sorry to potentially hijack the discussion of Carbon)--I was responding to jim1960s' comment about Console. In UAD-land, Console is used solely when you're tracking in a non-Luna DAW. In Luna, it's integrated, so you don't have to deal with that layer of complexity and abstraction.
No apology necessary and you did not hijack anything. I encourage and appreciate diverse perspectives. They often shed new light on the discussion.
That does not mean however I am not going to discus how those perspectives may objectively reflect into the discussion .

And on the contrary you were quite clear about Luna.
I was the one not being clear , I should have said
Even though I don't use UAD, I do understand the basics of how Luna works in the UAD environment and how Console works in slaving to other DAW's . For years I used Reason slaved to Pro Tools via Rewire, which like UAD Console, is a protocol for running one audio software within a different DAW. Which is also a two software layer situation, and what Jim was talking about .

My point was and is , when you "are" going to be using another DAW ,, I was simply observing that I can perceive no advantage of less, complexity or abstraction, in tracking to Luna and then mixing in Pro Tools as per your suggestion , over simply using Console and tracking directly to Pro tools . Either way you are still involving two layers of audio software , where as in Carbon you are using only one layer being Pro Tools (which seems to be Jims original point)

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 01-17-2021 at 11:07 AM.