View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I can't say what the future holds for "ready now" guitars. I can say, however, that I looked at the "available stock" at the end of last week, then again today, and it appears most of what was available last Friday was sold over the weekend. As for the X-20's, the only ones left are lefty's, 7 strings or baritones.

I also emailed them last week about a guitar I was considering ordering. They got back to me today, but the answers were very brief, like 1 sentence brief, and they were trying to steer me to a standard model. I got the feeling they were a bit overloaded at the moment and trying to discourage my custom ideas. Maybe it was just bad timing on my part?
I’m surprised to hear about your experience with the Emerald sales department given Alistair’s recent video touting custom orders.

Regarding the near future, Ireland’s widely reported rise in Covid cases and subsequent lockdown mandates appear to be a major factor affecting the availability of Emeralds. In the most recent shipping video Alistair states that a lot of his staff is now working remotely.

As I recall, earlier in the pandemic they had a much larger inventory heading into lockdown. Not so this time. I feel very fortunate in having been able to purchase my two Emeralds from then available stock.