View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I started out using the clap method, and it's fine, tho once you get multiple cameras, it can get more and more difficult. Final Cut, Premiere, and likely others support automatic syncing, and also support multiple cameras easily. All I have to do is import all my video files and audio, select them, and do "Make MultiCam Clip", and I get a single clip containing all cameras and the audio, all synchronized - it will automatically adjust start times of each clip and audio to make them perfectly in sync, far better than I could possibly do by hand. I then get a view like this:

Attachment 48989

I can play the video and click on the thumbnail views to the left and change the camera on the fly, which turns into scene cuts in the main view (on the right) (I can fine tune the timing later, if needed).

You're doing multiple parts, which might complicate things. I'm not sure it could sync an electric guitar alone to an overall mix for example. I have used it will full bands, but in that case everyone was actually playing together, and I had the total band mix as picked up by the cameras as well as my mutltrack mix, which was close enough. The sync can use audio (what I normally use) or timecode, which requires pro-level cameras and audio recorder.
Doug,

Wow, this is great information! Thanks so much for taking the time!

Merry Christmas to you and thanks for all you do for the AGF!

- Glenn