Thread: Delivery thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esimms86 View Post
I'm certain, however, that it'll be well worth the wait when you finally get around to enjoy your new X20. I will be curious to hear your observations on the pinless bridge after changing strings.
I have been self employed and working from home for over 30 years, but after the last two weeks I cannot see making it to 31. I am seriously pondering closing down and retiring.

I likely won't be changing strings any time soon, although I can say the EXP11 80/20's that came on it are not my cup of tea -- too bright and harsh. I had planned to get another set of those for my current older X20, but now that seems like a waste. For direct comparison I may soon swap out both guitars with EJ-16's in PB, my preferred string overall. The pinless bridge looks really nice (I'm a fan of pinless bridges in general) but until I actually try a string change there can be no further comment.

A full report on the new guitar will be on hold until we've had some time to bond. So far so good after playing for 90 minutes last night in a mix of bare nails finger style and moderate strumming.