View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreF View Post
Spot on and insightful comments Peter. What I would expect from someone who has made the commitment in the right way. Stay that course and you will be rewarded.

Not that you will, but don't get overly obsessive about it either, lest you lose the enjoyment once you get past the "honeymoon" stage. I did that in my past and paid the price. Keep it light and grab that steel string once in a while too.

Great stuff!

P.S: I've been playing a lot of Andrew York material lately. As great as he is a player, he might even be a better composer. There's always an advantage when an accomplished player like that can also match it with compositional talent. York and steel stringer Pat Donohue are two of my favorites that fit that description. They really understand how to unlock the instrument's potential for fulfilling and enjoyable music.

Thanks Andre - wise words..

I am tempted by some of Andrew York’s pieces, and have started tinkering with Andecy, but I’m feeling my technique benefits more from simple classics like Lagrima and Adelita as they offer so much to learn from. My passion for York’s tunes may have to wait a little..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig