View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleBob View Post
Thanks for the good conversation. It’s largely above my head, but I will say that the Pure mini is a bit heavier on bass than I’d like without any adjustment. Thus far I’ve just turned the bass knob down a bit on the amp. Do other K&K pick up users use some sort of preamp to adjust eq before the signal gets to your main amp? Sorry for my lack of knowledge here. Still learning...
Well there's preamps, there are devices that provide EQ, and there are combo units which do both. You don't need a preamp to reduce bass. You need EQ.

Preamps in addition to amplifying the signal can also be helpful at matching impedance (which is something else you'll want to learn about) depending on the device. In a nutshell, an impedance match means the Out from one device plays nice with the In from the device it's connected to. In other words, it sounds "right." Direct boxes are other candidates to match your K&K's 1 ohm.

But your main problem you're posting about seems to be reducing bass. There are a million different ways -- in all sizes and budgets -- to alter EQ.