View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 03:39 PM

Default Let me introduce the AGF to Morrissey Guitars!!!!

Part of the Woodstock experience for me is the unexpected things that happen. When I ran into fellow AGFer Roberts, one of the things he said to me was hey you should check out this guy's guitars, they are great. I asked who and he replied Morrissey guitars. I said, never heard of him and although his guitars were beautiful, his booth was crowded and I did not go over. That haunted me, like what did I miss. So when I went back Sunday, one of my goals was to talk to him and try out his guitars. He had a Koa , his Grand Auditorium size that was stunning. Master grade German Spruce top and the Koa back and sides, but done with a dark burst which made the Koa magical, working with the dark streaks of the Koa.

At that point, I did not pull the trigger, but we continued to talk. After a few days, I decided to add this guitar to the rest as it was too good not to. I drove out to his shop on Sunday, in MA. and did a shop visit and picked up the guitar.

I will post some pictures in the following few minutes and I think you will see that I had no choice, this guitar is too good to leave behind. I will let you go to Patrick's website to learn more, but basically he has been building for 15 years, but only the last 4 full time. He had a career in graphic design prior to taking the plunged after going to study guitar building.

I have some very nice instruments, more than I deserve and I know that. I only say that as a point of reference when I say, Patrick has what it takes and this guitar is one of the most beautifully crafted I have ever seen and the sound rivals everything I own and have played. I feel like I have stumbled into someone who has a limitless future ahead of him.

Please enjoy the pictures as I get them downloaded. If you like what you see, go to his site and look around, you may want to consider a build yourself or one of his woodstock guitars as I have a feeling this guy will fill his build list pretty darn quickly once word is out. And BTW, this is a nice guy, beautiful wife and children and very down to earth!

Tom