View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 12:59 PM
AGF Sponsor

Time to update this thread... Soon after I got home from the B.I.G. Show, my computer unexpectedly croaked-- dead as a door nail. I learned my lesson- NEVER buy a refurbished iMac from a third party seller. That took me out of the loop for awhile. I bought a new iMac, but the data transfer failed, and I had to send the new computer back and exchange for another one. Two weeks later, the bugs are pretty much worked out, and I'm back online.

I sold one of my guitars at the show. The Consort Rojo went home to Iowa with my good friends, Dr. Scott and Caitlin Faulkner. They already own the first guitar I built when I moved to Fairhope in 2017; now that guitar has a sister!

Here's Doc, enjoying a celebratory turn on his new guitar:

...And Doc's lovely wife Caitlin, who always has his back:

The current custom guitar project is a nylon string Crossover guitar, called the "Artemis" model, for another friend who already owns two Edwinson steel string guitars. His Forum name is Fast Jimmy. I just closed the box a couple days ago, and, while juggling some other projects, I'm ready to begin the binding work. The woods are the same wild-figured Padouk back and sides as on the Consort Rojo above, and the same Tunnel 14 Redwood top. It's an awesome wood combo, which I think will make a fantastic sounding nylon string Crossover.

I'll be posting more photos of Jim's Artemis Crossover build as the project continues. See y'all soon!