View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 04:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Logic also has this feature. Logic calls organizational grouping, which doesn't affect routing "Folder Stacks", and what PT calls "Routing Folders", Logic calls "Summing Stacks", where the "stack" is actually routed to a bus, where I can put effects etc on the entire submix.

Here's a project I did recently for a local theatre group with lots of vocals sung against a backing track. I put each group of singers, soprano, alto, baritone and bass into Summing Stacks, so I could collapse 15 vocal tracks into 4 stacks, and work on each, then balance the 4-part harmony more easily in the end. This shows 3 collapsed stacks, and one (the bass stack) expanded. Not a huge project by real studio standards, but for me, used to mostly doing solo guitar, this really helps organize and keep track of things as well as doing the mix.

Attachment 81165
Interesting ,, So I am curious why the collapsed Mens Baritone stack is showing clips but the Alto and Soprano stacks are not ?

In PT the Routing Folder track itself has all the same sends , inserts, I/O and fader sections of an Aux or Audio track but like an Aux track there is no waveform or clips on it

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4