View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 09:44 AM

Fair questions - and yes I understand that miked recordings will produce a sound nearer to the pure acoustic original. I've been gifted a T.bone SC1100 (for acoustic recording) and a Shure SM57 (for miking my ToneMaster Deluxe Reverb) as starter kit from some musical friends.... I also want to explore XLR and DI recording as a method - both for acoustic instruments and also from my ToneMaster Deluxe.....

Reasons?
  1. Essentially as a journey of learning in what I hope will be a long retirement (but see 3 below).....
  2. I tend to move quite a lot when I play, so I want an alternative to putting half of my concentration on sitting still and the other half on playing in front of a mike.
  3. In the unlikely event that I start playing out again (my ongoing cancer treatment precludes this for the moment), I want some kit that will take me close to a natural acoustic sound

Why those specific systems? Principally for the ability to play out on rare occasions without DI and because I like what I have heard coming out of that specific kit. As I've said, I don't want to use this thread for a debate on alternative systems..... there are plenty of other threads that do that already.

I hope this gives you a better insight into my motivations.

Last edited by Ray175; 01-25-2020 at 10:49 AM.