View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRuskin View Post
The biggest thing to watch out for is having the overall polarity totally reverse if you mix in too much of the side signals.
I'm still exploring this. What I do notice is too much side signal sounds silly - like some giant, glorious guitar played by gods. I recorded a friend playing classical guitar last night, and I did a recording of one of my steel string pieces. I've been doing some comparisons with records I like. Just getting a feel for it.

The other thing I'm getting is room noise, especially from the S mic. I had them about 2 feet out. I'm going to experiment with closer mic'ing and tonight I get to move a bunch of furniture around so I can set things up with the laptop outside the room. Fortunately, my studio connects to the rest of the house via a little hallway, and my wife doesn't seem to mind if I take over a bit more space. (I'm a lucky guy. )

I'm pretty excited about this technique already. The tones we got were very nice. At the moment my biggest concern is trying to reduce the noise a bit, and I expect getting the computer and gear out of the room is going to make a big difference.