View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 08:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Speechless Dustin. Just brilliant work all over, the playing, the guitar, the video, the production- all top notch.

It is such cliche that I'm sick of hearing it but we are truly all in this together. It is things like art and music we need to help one another get out of it together.
I agree 1000%, and thank you for the feedback buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
really awesome video...GORGEOUS GUitar headstock....That's about the baddest headstock I've ever seen...Bend, Or huh? Is the Luthier you mentioned connected to the old Breedlove gang up there?

Just a magnificent headstock...
Yes I love Rebecca's signature rosette/headstock/backstrip theme she has adopted in this last year or so for her guitars. It's distinguishable and earthy looking. She has been building for over 20 years and to my knowledge has never worked for or with Breedlove. She did take the last available Somogyi voicing class though, which she has stated was a game changer for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rémy64 View Post
Still very high level Dustin, very nice composition
Thanks Rémy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Well, Dustin, once again your brilliance is shining through! Geezzz that was good, and just perfect with a second cup of coffee! Congrats on another creative milestone bringing us your wonderful sound and visuals.
Had not known of your Scottish luthier award! Very cool!!
Enjoy the day and thanks once again for hanging around here so we can share your excellence!
Fred
(Dustin, what mics do you use for your recordings?)
Thanks so much Fred, I am always thankful for your feedback. And yes I'm still completely over the moon at the new about the upcoming Taran build for this fall!

I used 3 signals. Left/right Neumann KM-184s and a K&K Pure mini (that's the deep lows and full body percussion you are hearing) into an Apollo X4 and sent Antoine the 3 raw tracks and he handled the rest. I don't normally go for so much delay or reverb but this tune needed the dimension, I think.

Cheers buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Well, Dustin!

I may have been sleeping somewhere for the last few years, but it seems to me that you have taken your art to a whole new level with this video and this composition!

Everything about this is extremely well done: excellent composition, delightful playing, terrific video work, top-notch recording work!

Besides all that, this sounds REALLY GOOD! Lovely textures and pretty melodies woven together combined with that percussive stuff you are doing.

I just watched this twice, trying to absorb all that I am hearing and seeing.

What a great job Dustin! Holy cow!

- Glenn
Thanks man! It's been a year in the making! Started it last March in my back yard..remember it was on a new Cordoba crossover I'd just bought off Reverb and it felt so great tuned down to C. Later switched to steel then did all the filming going to and from NL and now it's just out in the world and I couldn't be happier. It's a great feeling. I'm glad you enjoyed it man

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com