View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Kathy, thanks for chiming in...

This is actually the second time that I have journaled one of Mark's builds. Mark built me a Pinyon 6-years ago.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=394206

In that build thread, I believe Derek (Rick-slo) shared some of your photos from the book that you prepared back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eKat View Post
Hi, everybody - Kath here - it's been a while since posting up on the 13th Fret.

I just learned about this thread and recognize some of you from back in the day and wanted to say hi to Al Carruth, Richard Mott, AndreF, rick-slo and Steve Kinnaird. Glad you to see that you're all still active in the scene.

And, Bob, (iim7V7IM7) when I was down at Blanchard's for last ski season, before the pandemic shut down the ski areas and chased me back to our place in Montana, he shared your design ideas with me.

Your custom Bristlecone is going to be magnificent. I particularly like the curly Koa purflings; nice, mellow touch that doesn't distract from Blanchard's understated elegance.

Back in the day I did the photography and wrote what we called Luthier's Logs; little "Baby Books" for lack of a better descriptor, for each guitar that Blanchard built. None of our clients knew they were getting them, they were just little surprises that hid in the cases until the client looked around and found them in the pocket. Sometimes that would take longer than you'd think. They were nowhere near as detailed as the entries in this tread.

I'M LOVIN' IT!

Blanchard's is a rare and precious gift and it does my soul good to see such a wonderful, heartfelt thread, sharing it with the industry.

Interestingly, Blanchard Guitar #1 was my secret surprise Christmas gift in 1994. Her name is Katrianna, she's a classical and I'm afraid she started this entire mess.

HA!

Well, here's to seeing this thread to the very end. I'll be waiting with bated breath to hear how you like your new Bristlecone, Bob. If California wasn't such a hot bed, I'd be back down at Blanchard's for ski season, but I probably won't be there to play it before it gets shipped off. I hope it finds you pleased.

Thanks, guys, I hope you don't mind me hangin' out . . . and remember. . . KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!