View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 06:48 AM

Default Wireless.... And gig problems

After some trial and error at the Birthday party I played last Saturday,
Things I should have done... Since I haven't played out in years.

1. Plugged in my EAE M2-6 MK2 at home to make sure everything works!
Example: With all the plug in's and options on channel one in the heat of the battle I plugged guitar and mic into channel one.... No volume on my guitar...
ended up plugging the guitar into the Kustom PA50 from that point everything worked great..

2. Do as others do..lol put the amp behind you.. I didn't, I put it to the side and couldn't hear well.. but luckily I brought my Mugig acoustic amp(voice-guitar 25watts AC-Battery) and it worked great as a monitor

3. bring enough power cords... didn't precheck the power at the gig... The only close power was on the other side of walking paths-doorways...Not good I ended up plugging into the front of the house-patio, needed a 50 ft cord not the 30 I brought...had to run home

4. Practicing in the house is fine but you need to plug in and play outside once in a while...It sounds different....

5. Had reflections on my Samsung A7 screen I need some kind of anti-glare screen or/and a visor

Sunday when I got home and after thinking about it...I set everything up that I'm going to use from now on... basically just the EAE Amp (battery-50watts)
Set it behind me...on a speaker stand
Plugged the mic into channel one and the guitar into channel 2 and everything worked great...
I will say the amp is a little under powered at 50 watts...I'm running the volume at 75% if its a noisy room it will get lost...
So if the gigging works out a bigger system is in my future,,, either the Fishman 330X or EV 30m but probably something with a battery powered option

Okay now the wireless question...
I've got the wireless for the guitar worked out but I need recommendations for the vocal... Not sure if I want a Wireless Mic or just a receiver and transmitter for my mic
But what I do want is something that has batteries not a A/C type receiver
I want to go totally battery so I don't need AC power....