View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 06:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
The Zoom and Alesis can 100% be used as USB audio interfaces though.
I don't want to get into a prolonged debate about this but the primary function of those devices is not as interfaces. The Zoom is a recorder and the Alesis is a mixer. That's not a knock on either but that is their primary intention.

I put that list together to be a helpful reference for people who want to head in a particular direction. Originally, it was just going to be a list of the DAWs and interfaces members were using. Some expansion of things peripheral to DAWs and interfaces made sense so I expanded the list to include microphones of various kinds. And then expanded it again to include outboard gear but I made the decision to limit that expansion to just preamps, compressors, and equalizers. Records and mixers head in another direction that, while related, are not really what this list was intended to cover.

Lines have to be drawn somewhere or the list becomes too large to be of any use to anyone. I put a lot of hours into querying, compiling, and sorting that information into something usable. For the reason I already stated, I don't want to make it bigger just for the sake of making it bigger.

I appreciate the input but I'm going to leave it as is.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube