View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebubs View Post
As an Aussie F1 fan from the Alan Jones days I've been following Daniel's career closely.

Check out this statement from Renault regarding Daniel's salary;

“There is a considerable financial commitment from Renault,” Abiteboul said. “But it is not a question of whether Renault can afford it: it can definitely afford it as our turnover is 40 times the turnover of Red Bull. There is no question mark about that.

“The question mark is about the value. Does it make sense to invest that type of money in a driver at the level of Daniel at this point of our journey, with the car that we have and the other expense that we must do? We believe so.

“There has been some discussion about that. Would we be better off investing in to the car or the drivers?

“I think we have reached a point where we can invest in both reasonably.”

So when you think about it ... Hamilton is the perfect #1 for Mercedes so they didn't need Daniel, Vettel doesn't want a more competitive driver with him at Ferrari so what were Daniel's choices for 2019?
- Stay at Red Bull and become number 2 driver to Max?
- Move to a team with a genuine commitment to rise back to the top, starting with a massive pay increase in recognition of Daniel's driving skill and achievements?

No-brainer really.
Yea, but no. I don't agree Daniels choice was a no brainer. What was Daniel's choice, go to mid-pack team or stay with what has been one of the top teams, and a team who's unbeatable when they get it right? Well, yea, stay there! I don't believe he's a #2 driver to Max either, who, finally mid-season, showed some speed without crashing into everything. I think he would have done better staying with Red Bull, especially with an all new aero rules, which Newey is the master of. He's jumping ship too fast, just like Alonso kept doing till he was at the back of the pack then quit.
2021 Emerald X7 Select
2020 Emerald X10 Woody Select 3-way
2016 Emerald X20 Artisan
2002 Gibson J185EC JJ Cale
2009 Gibson EC-20
1974 Alvarez Dreadnought
2013 Woody Tahitian hybrid Uke
2008 Zager 3/4 Size
Some camp fire guitars, classical's,
& electric's