View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 04:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickgm60 View Post
The season kicks off next weekend, again in Melbourne. Rule changes for this season include an increased fuel allowance and biometric driver gloves. Lots of color and logo changes, as well. USA’s team Haas has gone to an “angry” black (driver Kevin Magnussen’s description.) Haas is still powered by Ferrari, but with a much smaller budget than dominant Team Ferrari and without the same engine. “Doing more with less” has been Haas’ goal, with considerable success, considering they are so new to F1.

Team changes: Force India is now Racing Point (a change made mid-season, last year), and Sauber is now Alfa Romeo.

No Fernando Alonzo this season, who retired at the end of last season. Younger drivers seems to be the trend, with at least one driver being younger than 20. Daniel Riccardo will be driving for Team Renault, after severing his strained relationship with Red Bull, in large part due to the engine problems attributed to… Renault. Red Bull cars are now powered by Honda. Go figure.

Austin will again host the only US Gran Prix. I hope to make it there, this year, although October/November is always a busy time.

Any other enthusiasts? F1 and the grand tours of bicycling are my favorite sporting events, largely due to their international-ness.
Hi Patrick,

I'm certainly looking for ward to this season.

I don't particularly support any one team, but I kinda support some of the drivers.

Williams are, like, my home team, (I've got a bit of a thing for Claire) and they have Kubica after such a long recovery, and so is an unknown.

It would be safe bet to say that Ferrari or Mercs will win again but sooner or later another team will jolt one off the podium. I don't see Hamilton or Vettel losing their impetus yet.

I kinda hope that Mad Max in his Red Bull gets a break this year but with a Honda engine ??

Ricciardo and Hulkenberg are a solid team for Renault, but are the engines competitive? I suspect that Daniel is hungry and a little angry.

It'll be an exciting season with more "boys" mixing it with the "men" and a lot of new engineering.

Will I watch the first game live? at 5 a.m ? not promising.