View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
That's what puts me off, is the 3D look. Too flashy and already starting to become dated. The only ones I thought were ok looking were the ones that hid the carbon fiber. CF was really cool a few years ago when people were using it on cars, phone cases, etc. But it's played now and I think they'd do well to not emphasize it. Everyone has their own tastes though and I'm not putting down anyone who likes the CF look, I liked it at one time. I think wood grain more represents the nature of acoustic music, visually. Something feels disingenuous about the guitar above. Again, that's just me.
Ha-ha-ha, whatever.

Btw, the 3D look on Emeralds is more subtle in reality than as pictured under promotional lighting conditions. Nothing too flashy about it. As for the look appearing dated, not really since the vast majority of traditional wood players have never even seen a CF guitar, let-alone played one. All those I know are very intrigued and complementary.

One thing is true. I've noticed that more and more 'traditional' guitar folks are sticking their heads in the CF forum and posting. Whether favorable views or not, it's a clear sign of the baby steps happening toward CF guitars breaking into the mainstream. I'd be willing to bet that most posting here are at least curious enough to know more, and are likely future owners. That has happened to many of us here who have seen the light…and heard the sweet sounds.

Last edited by Acousticado; 12-12-2013 at 01:16 PM.