View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnfiddler View Post
I was in a local music store today, killing time, when I spotted a pack of Primetone small triangle 1.4mm picks. I have .96mm TD primetones and have mixed feelings about them. I asked the store manager If I could try them out and I am highly impressed! I like them as much as my Wegen 1.2 Bluegrass picks and better than my BC TD50! I’m REALLY digging the small triangle shape too!! I do believe I may have found my new favorite pick!! The best part is 3 picks are only $8.77 with tax!!!

I think that's a great find Tnf. Recently I've started really liking the triangle shaped picks. I think I like the lateral leverage you can apply to the wider pick. I don't know. If I can name-drop, Brucebubs sent me a Zager pick all the way from Oz. It has taken some getting used to because it is so thin, but it can provide an airy quality that I don't get with my other picks. But similar your Primetone, a local store has been carrying the Dunlop Americana picks. I like the idea that the Primetones are burnished already whereas the Americana needs some beveling. I think the Primetone might be even better.

FWIW, I learned how to speed bevel via another member HH who has been MIA for the last few months. I probably don't have the dexterity of Silly Moustache, so I use a more manual approach to beveling. I may have to post it for those of us who fear losing a finger with the Dremel tool :0. Also, another thing I've taken to doing with many of my smoother picks is scoring them for grip. Light diagonal slits across the face of the pick with a box knife really helps hold on with less grip strength.

I'll be on the Sweetwater site to order some Primetones as soon as I finish this up. Thanks for sharing.

Here are pics of the Dunlop Americana and the Zager.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dunlop_Americana.jpg (40.6 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg zager_pick.jpg (35.6 KB, 181 views)
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS