View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 10:30 AM

I have a few year old Legacy AE with the Fishman premium blend system. I've owned Martin, Collings and Bourgeois, but the CA is now my only acoustic. Not that it out-performed the others, but because it can hold its own against other fine quality guitars, with none of the wood care and feeding issues.

I made a few mods to mine that I think help it a bit. Replaced the Tusq saddle and plastic pins with Colosi FWI, and changed the Fishman UST to a K&K. Still using the Fishman onboard pre-amp, just changed the transducer. In a lower volume setting, I can use the internal mike. For band work, I use the UST with a DTAR Mama Bear. This lets me get as loud as I want and dial in a number of different guitar sounds.

Bottom line ... fine acoustic sound, no humidity issues ... great plugged in.

What's not to like ... not as pretty as a Collings or Bourgeois 'burst. Missing a (tiny) bit of the charachter and uniqueness of real wood. If you have a great wood guitar today, add this and see which one you like best. If you don't, I'd buy the CA over any "production" guitar in the same price range at your local guitar shop.