View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 06:51 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Slim II View Post
Sorry, but I'm not so sure about using a recording from a gig as my professional demo. Setting up a quality recording at a live venue would be a lot more work than getting similar quality at home. The alternative is, what, cell-phone video? I have to tell you, if I could remove every second of live cell-video of myself from Youtube, I would in a second. I would prefer not to be professionally associated with it...
This ++....... by far the vast majority and maybe all of the cell phone video's on youtube, even of successful big name artists, honestly sound like crap. The only live performance videos that sound 1/2 good are when the audio is recorded directly off the mic and or picup feeds or directly off the main mixing board.
The Zoom in your bedroom will be much much better than a crappy live video . And I would not worry about the encoding on youtube for a solicitation video, for example the video that rick-slo posted it totally sufficient to get started for a promo video.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4