View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbinsT View Post
We did go with a pickup on this one. Randy did some research and decided on the Trance Audio Amulet Phantom.

http://www.tranceaudio.com/amuletmphantom.html

I only got to spend a little bit of time with that pickup but from what I heard, I really liked it. The pickup does not have a battery pack but the sensors that attach to the bridge plate have a bit of weight to them. Much more then a K&k. I got lucky, the weight of the pickup actually dropped the frequency of the top a decent amount, but it landed between scale tones. The difference may or may not be audible but had it landed too close to a scale tone, I could have ended up with a wolf tone which would have been unacceptable. If I work with this pickup again, I will install it prior to final voicing of the instrument so that nothing is left to chance.

-Tyler
Thanks for that info - I didnt realise the trace amulet is that much heavier than the k & k.how would the dazzo pickups compare in Weight with the k & k instead?