View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 01:23 PM

I've owned one for a few weeks and like others have said, "It's not going anywhere."

Admittedly I use it pretty simply but the tone out of it is great. I bought it primarily for its body resonance feature and I'm hooked! The effects really are subtle which I suppose is appropriate for acoustic playing. They call reverb "Ambiance" and if you want to really hear it you must set it to maximum. This confused me at first and I thought I had a defective unit until I remembered this is intended for acoustic guitar and the general guitar playing public only uses enough to fatten up the sound without drawing attention to itself.

My signal chain is guitar->boss tu3->boss ad-10->PA/amp. I use this into my church PA with is a Behringer X Air 8 (I think...) and my Gibson J15 actually sounds like an acoustic guitar! Pretty close to its un-plugged sound.

I find the TU3 tuner to be more accurate and I like to use it as a mute switch, whether tuning or not. The buttons on the AD-10 are a different "feel" and I find the good ol' big button/flap on the TU-3 to have a more positive feel when activated.

I love the AD-10 A LOT but the owner's manual was actually inaccurate for a couple things so if you buy one, go to the Boss site and download the digital one. It is accurate and you won't have the frustrations I did at first.

Best,
PJ