View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
My posture and guitar position has fully adapted to the X20. The X30 is different - still quite comfortable for such a large guitar, but the X20 works almost perfectly for me. The best description is comparing a dreadnought versus a 000, with X30 being the dreadnought.

I play seated and with a strap almost 100% of the time. The X20 locks in against my right thigh, whereas the X30 is a little too big for that. It does sit nicely with the neck somewhat more level. Over time, it will all work out. I'm still in the bonding and learning phase. Interestingly enough, different thicknesses of picks seem to work better. The X20 likes a heavier pick for more robust tone, and the X30 wants a lighter pick to add back some balancing brightness. YMMV of course.
I'll get to compare in another few months (got an X20 on order). I'm curious as to which one I'll prefer for comfort. I always liked bigger guitars, hence why I went with the X30 first. I can't even play my Gibson dread anymore now after the X30, it's just way less comfortable and I quickly realized that I much prefer the 1.75" nut width of the Emerald vs the 1.72" of the Gibson.