View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 12:19 AM
Eric Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by romancandle View Post
Anybody have tips for learning music production, finding a fan base, and songwriting opportunities where I could potentially pitch my songs to other artists?
I think if you're serious about wanting a career -meaning being somewhat gainfully employed for many years- I think if was back at the starting line now I'd look into doing songs and scoring for TV. I think having a big recording artist record your work now days means at best you'll get a percentage of their relatively tiny streaming revenue. Gone forever are the days that you're going to have a big artist record your song, they sell millions of physical units, and you getting mailbox money for life. Or at least it's going to be a very very rare thing going forward. I have a few artists I play with that wrote big songs for big artists back in the day, and it's hard not envy them. And they repost the checks are getting a lot smaller, except when, say, a Netflix show uses a song... Again, it's a different world now. The good news is there are thousands of TV shows and small movies being made now days all over the world, and they pay. Just my two cents, but I'd focus on the music production thing for sure, because you'll want to be self-contained. But I'd mostly be looking for companies that work with licensing music.

Last edited by min7b5; 08-27-2019 at 10:27 AM.