View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 11:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar View Post
Glenn - that was wonderful! I love that you confidently worked your own timing for the tune, and your take on the middle bridge (at 2:00 mark) is a delightful one. I think it improves on the original! The sunrise photo works well, though the shiny MOP on the Martin at times shines like the sun in your close-ups.

Hard to believe this is your first 'go' at this iconic song - so glad your friend requested it.

Well done!!!
Hi Carmel Cedar!

Well, you are making me smile, too! Thanks so much for your very kind and supportive comments! Believe me, they are gratefully appreciated!

You know, maybe I have worked my own kind of timing for this song and just didn't realize it. I thought I was pretty close to what George Harrison did, but really, once I figured out the song structure and the chords and those very appealing licks in the song, I just concentrated on learning this song over about 3 days of effort until my fingers just got too sore.

And I know from the experiences of learning other songs like this that after a while my own take seems to evolve and I don't even know that I am doing it. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not, depending on what I am trying to accomplish.

If I were trying to teach this song to others, this is probably not the right way to do this song. But as a performance of the song where I'm allowed to put my own spin on this, then it's okay and maybe even a good thing.

But, really, I don't think I realized that I had added my own personality to this song. Thanks for noticing Carmel Cedar!

And yes, the MOP bling on that D-45 is sure pretty. When I'm playing it, I don't even see that stuff, but it sure shows up in a video!

Thanks once again, Carmel Cedar, for all your support and kind comments!

- Glenn