View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 03:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Pull Saw

Every once in awhile you hear builders referring to Japanese pull saws. They are wonderful bench top saws to have around. Because they cut on the pull stroke the blades can be extremely thin which means they can cut fast removing very little wood. They are accurate and good ones leave a shiny cut surface.

I bought my first one about 15 years ago and I was extremely impressed. You could cut a brace to length even if it were already glued to a top. As it turned out I bought a Dozuki saw that happened to have the thinnest manufactured blade available. It was extremely sharp and a dream to work with. Not appreciating what I had and not having experience with this kind of saw I used it for all kinds of things, some of which I shouldn't have and soon I did a lot of damage to the blade. That is when I found out how much better this saw was than any other I tried. Every year or so I'd hit all the tool suppliers and the internet in general trying to find this specific saw. The only one I could find was on E-bay for $365 (mine cost about $40).

Boy, this is really sounding like an advertisement so I should say I have no relationship or connection with this company. This is more of a public service notice to other builders and proof to others how much we builders can love a good tool. So after about 15 years looking for this saw it is now starting to show up in places when you Google it. It's a Nakaya Dozuki cross cut saw #D210C and it's under $50 and it's one great saw!

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright