View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjlee2112 View Post
I'm very curious... as I'm thinking about moving to the 4 pedal version... what do you have all 4 buttons programmed to do?

For context, I just got back into playing out in the last year after not playing gigs since kids came along. Suddenly having to handle lead vocals on dozens of songs, I needed help with lyrics/chord charts.

I quickly came to the same conclusion as others have mentioned in that I was not ok with touching the iPad with my fingers if at all possible.

I have them set very simply, there probably better ways to go about it. I’m using OnSong on my iPad to pair it with.

On one side it’s set to auto scroll (after setting tempo as desired). So, one tap before we go into the song and shouldn’t need to do anything else with it during that song.

The button next to it scrolls up. This is so that if we wind up jamming for awhile I can get it back to where I need in that song for lyrical reference.

The other side is to go back and forward through the set list. I did that in case it jumps ahead moving forward through the set, so I can get right back to the correct song.

Did I need the 4? Who knows, when I looked at the prices it just made sense to me to have 4 options. Didn’t really see any benefit for me to buy the 2 instead of 4.

I didn’t try to work it into my board, but instead just let it sit in front/to the side so it doesn’t interfere with other pedals I need access to. The weight/size of the Airturn was negligible, and I just chunk it in the same bag with cables/mics.