View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby50 View Post
I have a great piece of 60+ year old redwood and have been wondering what to pair it with for b+s. The color of your Leopardwood looks great with the redwood. Keep the pictures coming

Ed
I have a second set of the same redwood i'm using here and i'm already thinking about what i could eventually pair with it and I have 2 schools of thought.

Something from a similar colour palatte, kinda like the with the Leopardwood, something like Granadillo, Bubinga, Sapele or Ovangkol

Or, a dark contrasty option, Indian Rosewood (if i decide I want to deal with the CITES issues), Wenge, Malaysian Blackwood or a real outside choice would be Purpleheart, a deep coloured Purpleheart would have crazy contrast against the Redwood.

Because I personally would like to do something slightly different, i'd quite like to be able to build something from the dark contrast options, but that would depend on either waiting to be able to afford the wood for myself, or possibly finding somebody who would like to order something like that from me.