View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 06:16 PM

I have to admit...on the whole, I think all the talk about Bose is a lot of shallow hype. I've NEVER liked their consumer audio stuff and hate how they think you don't need tone controls on their little 'wave radios'...assuming that every CD you put in there is 'created equal' is both arrogant and naive. Just don't get me started on their consumer crap.

HOWEVER...

With that in mind, I played through my friends PAS one night, and the rest is now history. I used to own what many consider to be THE cadillac of all acoustic systems (2 Daedalus S2 cabinets powered by a Hafler P3000 with a Pendulum preamp and Lexicon reverb). I sold the Daedalus cabs immediately (and those cabs are FANTASTIC!!!). I've now been playing out with my Model I for about 3 years now and love it...granted I still use my Pendulum and Lexicon through my Bose...nothing quite like those two units. Then when I need more ins, I bring my little Mackie and run everything through it and then into the Bose with a single line.

FYI...one of my favorite series I've played is run by the Tidewater Friends of Folk Music (TFFM.org) and they use 2 Bose Model I towers for their 'house' system. The performances are held in a 200 capacity amphitheater and they run the house board outs (right and left) into the 2 towers for stereo sound. No monitors...just the two towers. I played the Birchmere the night before with their huge sound system (which was very good), but I absolutely LOVED the sound I got from the stereo towers. Amazing stuff!

Bose has made a believer out of me...at least for this product. I still think the bulk of their other stuff is crap...Sshhhh :-)

2005 Ryan Nightingale (EIR/Engleman)
2007 Vines Baritone (Mahogany/Adirondack)
2007 Collings i-35 Deluxe (Mahogany/Maple)
2005 Martin OOOXCE (HPL/Sitka)

www.markaustinguitar.com