View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
I am confused you stated that you were using Cakewalk and it was working for you. ?
Why have you switched to Reaper ?

The first thing I would do is stop and take the time to (as I suggested in another thread) and list your actual system and recording chain

Because a lot of the information the will help you specifically, may in fact be specific to your system.
For example the in/out matrix (In any DAW) is determined by your hardware (your interface)
Also do you know how to take and post screen shots of your computer screen ?
(this will help a bunch in diagnosing your input output issues)
Yes Cakewalk is working great... Just looking at the others I have to make sure I'm not missing something..LOL.. plus it's kind of the way I learn..by using different Brands, different ligo...different UI's
My recording Chain at this moment:
USB Mic into my computer......Thats it for hardware
I did buy a Samson G-Track Pro but it won't be here till after Xmas

What I have:
Zoom R8 a couple Condenser Mic's(MXL-Behringer) and Several Dynamic Mic's

I'm probably going to try this stuff out this weekend using the R8 as my interface

What I think went wrong is I was trying ProTools First and then went to Reaper..
I'm thinking ProTools took everything over and thats why Reaper wouldn't work because it worked last night for me.
And because ProTools doesn't seem to like any other audio stuff on because I get a warning that another program is using files it needs sometimes when I try to start it..and it just quit after this warning..

And Yes I'm probably going to stay with Cakewalk