View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 06:59 PM

Default You are right; Their shipping is unreliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetweed View Post
I appreciate the great deals at times but at least for me it always takes days before my order ships. It this the norm for them. Out of 5 order's only one shipped within 2 days.
I have had the same experience. After it happened twice, I sent the following email to [email protected] and to [email protected]:
Hello SNB,

I made my order on Sept. 5 at 1:16PM. I got the shipping notice today at 9:39AM. That’s 44 hours from order to shipping label creation. Every SNB web page says Same Day Shipping. The reason I write is that this happened with my last order too; two calendar days between order and shipment.

I wonder why this is? I understand that my order was not a big order, just a single set of strings. But I was motivated by your Free Shipping promotion. And I understand that I am not a Major Customer; just a couple of orders a year. But–

I order from your company because you are a small company, and I like to support that. I live one mile from Guitar Center, and can get strings in 30 minutes, door to door, on foot. I am an Amazon Prime member, and it almost never, in dozens of orders, fails to deliver by the day after tomorrow, and its price is the same. And occasionally I order from Just Strings in New Hampshire, not very far from me in Mass., for the same reason– small company. I once got my order from them the next day, with regular USPS shipping, because they got the order right out the door!

I understand that if I place an order at 5PM, it’s probably not going to ship that day. It’s Miller Time. Fair enough! But I ordered right after lunch. I did expect same day shipping. And SNB says, "99% of orders placed before 3:00 pm EST ship the same day and most of the other orders will ship within 2 days.” So have I joined the One Percent?

That claim is actually odd. If 99% of orders ship same day, why don’t the 99% of the remaining orders ship the next day? Now I’ve joined the One-Tenth Percent?

This is not the end of the world, and I don’t want to take you away from getting your orders out by tying you up with a long email. I know that SNB has a good rep in the guitar community, but gee whiz…

Good luck, and stay away from Irma!

(I sent the email as Hurricane Irma was approaching the South Carolina.)

Here is SNB's reply, in full:

[crickets]

Now I buy elsewhere.