View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 10:01 PM
Charter Member

Default 1932 Gibson Nick Lucas (Brazilian)

Truly an impeccable guitar. Needs no work. Tony Klassen converted this one(new bridge, plate, neck reset, pick guard). I believe he also refinished the back of the neck. It also appears that the back kerfing isn’t original but I wasn’t told that when I acquired it. It’s set up beautifully and sounds superb. If I could play I wouldn’t sell it. I have never played another guitar like this. A few hairline side cracks and one longer hairline back crack. All glued without cleats. Small center seam separation at the end of the fretboard. Likely bc the top has sunk and sound hole has some warpage from the original floating bridge putting pressure on the top. This seems typical for early 30’s Gibsons and is stable. It’s not from a humidity issue. No top cracks. Original tuners. I believe the body finish is original and has some checking throughout but i am a bit suspicious the back/sides were oversprayed at some point. The trapeze screw holes were filled and touched up very cleanly. These early 30’s Gibsons are ultra lightweight but are from my experience truly special guitars. The deep, big body offers lots of response and bass while still being a very lightly built guitar. Since I can’t play I am selling it bc of it’s value.

Sold pending payment/approval

Pics here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xskkk028v...fUmrwwTla?dl=0

Last edited by pcf; 02-12-2021 at 06:37 PM.