View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Charter Member

Netflix has 3 plans. The cheapest is to stream/download on one screen, the standard (which I have) authorizes two streams/downloads plus HD quality, and the most expensive gives 4 streams/downloads plus Ultra HD.
If someone uses a VPN, and a TV show is available in other countries only, they can change their IP address and stream a program not available in their country. For example, Fargo isn’t on Netflix in the US, but is in the UK. Netflix monitors sign-ins from locations other than your usual ones, and will send an email to notify the account holder when that happens, that looks like this:

Quote:
We noticed a new sign-in with your Netflix account ([email protected]).
Device
Computer
(may not match your exact location)
Time
December 30th, 9:52 AM PST
If you signed-in recently, relax and enjoy watching! But if you don’t recognize this sign-in, we recommend that you change your password immediately to secure your account.
We're here to help if you need it. Visit the Help Center for more info or contact us.
–Your friends at Netflix
So it appears Netflix tracks where and when sign-ins occur, but as long as you are within your account screen limit, the where isn’t a limiting factor. I share my account with one of my sons, so there are only ever two possible sign-ins.

I’m curious if anyone has tried to do more than the allowed number of streams at the same time for their account level, for example with friends or family.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class