Thread: Need basic help
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcgeek View Post
Since you're using the Windows Camera App now, just a bit about that if you want to keep using it.

In the Camera app you can choose which Camera to use, the laptop internal or your usb external webcam (although selection of which is not at first obvious) In the top right of the App there is a camera icon, click it and each time it will cycle through every camera you have connected to the laptop.

The Camera app does not allow you to select different microphones, but no problem, just go to your Windows "Sound Settings" and choose your active Microphone from the Mics connected to your laptop. Your Camera app will use whatever the active mic is.

In summary, if you get a decent USB mic you can use the Windows Camera app no problem.
Thanks ! That's great to know. I am using a desktop, but same thing really. I can just define the usb mic and be done with it.
I'm just trying to figure out the best way I am going to be able to have the mic positioned perfectly for the guitar.

I sit in front of my desk with my desktop at the rear corner. So the mic has to be able to reach in front of the desk and a few inches lower than the desk, while at the same time it's usb cord has to reach the desktop.

I've seen the boom that comes with the blue yeti, and it looks like it may not like to stay in the down position too well. But that's kind of where I am thinking, get a Yeti or a AKG LYRA and some kind of boom. Oh and then some kind of software that would take the mic output file and the webcam output file and mix them for editing a little.
Breedlove Oregon Concertina Sitka/Myrtlewood