Thread: Newtone
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SausagesBeGone View Post
Following the recommendations of various AGF members I thought I'd try some Newtone strings, and support British business at the same time.

I placed a "custom order", standard light set but with a thicker high e.

A week or so had passed and nothing has arrived. I contacted them to ask if the strings had been dispatched. The reply was that it takes up to 14 days for custom sets. Really - putting 6 strings in a packet takes 14 days. If I had ordered 6 single strings it wouldn't have taken 14 days so this makes no sense to me.

14 days have come and gone. Still no strings. I have now cancelled the order - I'll get some Sunbeams or maybe try Silk & Steel for my OM.

It pains me to give a bad review of a British business and no doubt the strings are great but I can only speak of my own experience.

Moan over.

Seems like if the tone and feel is that good, you figure out a way to plan ahead and keep yourself stocked rather than grumble the whole world isn’t run like Amazon.com. Anyone have any comments about their tone and feel? I ordered my first ever strings from them last week (nickel). hex core strings were invented because they crank out of a factory quicker. If you want round core strings, it takes some time. Fortunately there are other strings in Pennsylvania to use while I wait.