View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Emerson View Post
Being able to play metronomically is a good thing, but a little boring after a while.

Being able to 'feel' the metronome (the groove) in your body/hands/feet, but playing with it, around it and against it?

Ahhh.........THAT.....is where the music/magic is at
I feel you guys have nailed it. This is amazing!
I'm not really comfortable with all the chord changes. I'm worried about it, like taking a test. I'm not really comfortable using a pick either, not good at the emphasis strumming thing. I usually play with my thumb (which sounds stiff and robotic) to keep the noise down so I don't get on my wife's nerves with my noise.

I suffer from a lot of anxiety, and to make things worse I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'm the most comfortable or at least as comfortable as I get when playing and singing for my dog when no one else is around.

What you guys are saying is why it doesn't sound like music to me, just a combination of chords that I strum.
Now how do I teach myself to relax and just go with, when I'm rarely if ever relaxed in my life?

This may sound crazy, but posting me playing, felt like I was putting a video of me being naked out for everyone to see and trust me no one wants to see that.

Last edited by Chas007; 11-22-2022 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Adding info